Month: August 2010
Spontaneous Whimsy – Marc Jacobs on Ideeli
If you have a moment, hop on to Ideeli and nab some of the adorable whimsical designs up for grabs today. I think these are the best examples of Marc Jacobs shoes – funny, tongue-in-cheek, and fun! I have the stitched mouse flats myself but you would do well with any of these.
Tapestry Textures – Beyond Skin Trixie pump
Have I mentioned how pretty I think the shoes are from Beyond Skin? They have great shapes and great materials… and are animal friendly!
I personally am smitten by these brown tapestry Trixie pumps.
The bow is sweet. I think these would be pefect for my woodland Fall fantasy wardrobe.
Trixie pump – £151.00 from Beyond Skin
As the days grow shorter and the dark comes earlier, I’m excited for Fall but I’m still drawn to bright blues like summer skies. I think it’s instinctual. Personally, I hate the heat but I love a bright sunny day that’s around 72 degrees. Perfect convertible weather.
These blues just jumped out at me…
Christian Louboutin Simple Pump in Turquoise
$595 at Barneys
Gucci Peep-toe Signature Pump
$250 at DSW
Dolce Vita Apple Pump
$150 at Nordstroms
Mulberry Postman’s Lock boots
$695 at Net-a-Porter
Jessica Simpson Evoni Pump
$90 at Nordstroms
Under Wraps – Pedro Garcia Emelyn Pump
I am so ready for Fall. It’s my favorite time of year. I can’t wait for tights and tweed and blazers. This year I’m influenced by dark woods and moody fairy tales. My colors will be charcoal, navy, black, creme, olive, white, and dark brown with bursts of red, bronze and burgundy.
These Pedro Garcia “Emelyn” pumps would be perfect. I love the dark colors and the black bows.
I love the raw edges but I really want to know how well these Swarovski crystals glitter under the netting. A muted glitter perfect for the dusky light of Fall.
I am really ready for Summer to be over.
Pedro Garcia Emelyn pumps – $495 at Nordstroms
A Little Bit of Danger
These are wicked, wicked, wicked… and I love them.
How can you not love that heel?
Or are they a little too Single White Female?
I’m not sure. Maybe they are, but I still luuuuuvvvvvv them!
Christian Louboutin Big Lips 120 grey suede pumps – $755 at Net-a-Porter
Featured Shoe: Stella McCartney Nude Kitten Heel
I’m still on the search for a great nude heel. I’m thinking patent but non-patent is fine too. Here is the latest contender – Stella McCartney’s kitten heels.
I think they’ll be great for walking and have an asymmetrical cut to the toebox (very similar to my favorite Louboutin Helumt, very feminine).
I was thinking a pump rather than a sling-back but these are pretty good. One to add to the list!
Stella McCartney nude patent kitten heel via Net-a-Porter – $645
Links à la Mode: August 19th
Before you splurge for Fall, read a blog or two
Edited by: Marie Denee of “The Curvy Fashionista by Marie Denee” The Curvy Fashionista.
Last week, Links à la Mode fashioned a roundup of the latest fashion perspectives and trends for the anticipation of another highly anticipated Fall. With the “September” editions landing on our doorsteps and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week right around the corner, we brace our pocketbooks for the damage it is about to endure. Whether the latest developments in plus size fashion, a Brazilian blowout, or style inspirations, this week’s links act as a guide of both inspiration and aspirations to Fall fashion. Before we delve into snatching up the latest “it” items from our secret wish (lust) list, below are a few must reads from the intuitive fashion bloggers who share their insights of what to expect from fashion, head to toe.
Links à la Mode: August 19th
- All Tumble Down– Focusing on style “best practices”; what we do well instead of what we don’t
- Amanda Lee– 6 Great Ways to Repurpose Your Clothing
- Beyond Fabric– Tips on size and fit for menswear
- Chic Steals– Street Style the New Determinate of Cool? The Evolution of the Girl Next Door as Style Icon
- Dramatis Personae– Style on the Run Guest Post: Fall Lust List
- Fashion Cents– wants to make sure you don’t break any vows. Get 3 tips on what to wear to a wedding this season
- Fashion Pulse Daily– Dana Lorenz, designer of Fenton Fallon Jewelry, oversees a blogger DIY jewelry session in her Lower East Side Boutique
- Fete a Fete– Review of Givenchy’s new Blooming Fall 2010 makeup collection
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How Does the Coach Poppy Project Benefit Bloggers?
- Just B– B Deceived: Handbags in disguise
- Lovely and Lavish– Fall 2010 RTW: the Worst Accessories!
- Manda Bear– Sally Hansen Limited Edition Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes – Reviews, Swatches and a Giveaway
- Mrs. Bossa Does the Do– Autumn’s a-comin’, and brings with it our perennial love of heritage chic – dig out your sequins and tweed, ladies…
- RetroChick– 5 ways to update your wardrobe for next to nothing
- Return to Sender– A fabulous interview with fat acceptance advocate, and author of FAT!So?, Marilyn Wann and her view on “fashion.”
- Shoe Day Dreams– Skin Secrets – maintenance is key over the long-haul.
- Style Eyes Fashion– Fashion bloggers and consumerism – how fashion bloggers are discouraging consumerism and encouraging sustainable style
- Style Wax Poetic – 10 to die for shoes All Under $100.
- The Curvy Fashionista– Plus size indie label, Jibri gives the Curvy.Confident.Chic Fashionistas a tease with her Fall 2010 collection
- The Coveted– Blown away by the Brazilian Blowout
- Watch this Place– Dark, but don’t let it be dreary… how to wear Autumn’s dark colors without looking drab.
I’m a bit smitten with the idea of wearing wings on my feet like Hermes.
For casual – Jeremy Scott for Adidas marbled sneakers.
For everything else – Alexander McQueen winged ankle boots
Featured Shoe: Isabel Toledo Pom Pom flat
I like to get inexpensive flats for keeping in my office or for walking around city streets when know they might get a bit beat up. But I also want them to be classic and cute, because I know I may need to grab them in a hurry and pair them up with a random outfit.
I usually prefer a metallic color or black and these pom pom flats from the Isabel Toledo for Payless collection fit the bill perfectly.
Cute. Simple. Fun. And only $35! Grab them while you can.
Payless will be having a big Fashion’s Night Out event in NYC. You can hop on board one of Payless’ Fashion Rides – free grey line double decker buses – and head to the Lexington Avenue store (between 57th and 58th streets) on Friday, September 10 from 8:00pm to 10:00pm with all four Payless Guest Designers: Christian Siriano, Lela Rose, Patricia Field and Isabel Toledo on hand, who will be available for a meet-and-greet and photo opportunity
WHERE: Payless ShoeSource, 716 Lexington Ave. at 58th Street
Payless is also selling an exclusive limited-edition Fashion’s Night Out Totes for $10 in more than 40 stores throughout the city, while supplies last, beginning Sept. 10 with $5 per tote sold donated to the NYC AIDS Fund.
A limited quantity of totes pre-signed by all four Payless Guest Designers will also be available at the Lexington store only Sept. 10 beginning at 7 p.m.